Last Updated: November 8, 2021
Personal Information We Collect from You
We collect information that you provide to us directly, including the following: name, email address, physical address, phone number.
The Website also collects information automatically with the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web browser and allow us or a third party to recognize you. Cookies can be used to collect, store, and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on the Website. Cookies enable websites to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
If you leave a comment on the Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on the Website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their PI at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may process your PI for the following purposes:
- Respond to your inquiries. Our most common use of your PI is to respond to your inquiry. For example, we may use the email address you provide to respond to you regarding the services that we provide.
- Contractual obligations. To fulfill our contractual obligations to you in order to provide services to you.
- Improve our services. We may process your PI to improve the services that we provide.
- Legal obligation. We may be obligated to process some of your PI to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We do not sell your PI.
How we Share Your Personal Information
We may share your PI with third parties for the following purposes:
- Publicly posted comments. When you post any content on the Website, such content may be visible to other users and visitors.
- Service providers. We may share your PI with service providers that assist us in managing our business, including vendors and professional advisors. For example, visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Our service providers are required to maintain the privacy, security, and confidentiality of all PI.
- Legal obligation. We may share your PI when required by law, including in response to a subpoena or when requested by a government agency.
- Sale of business. We may share your PI in connection with the sale of all or some of our business or assets.
The Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect information about children under 13 years old. If you are aware of anyone under 13 using the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take the required steps to delete such information and/or delete the child’s account.
Communication with you
We may contact you from time to time via email or through other means to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you.
Your Rights with Respect to Your PI
If you have an account on the Website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the PI we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any PI we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Embedded Content from Other Websites